STEP-by-STEP Student Stewardship© (SBSSS) is a ministry that was founded and homegrown at St. Patrick School. SBSSS began in 2002 as a simple concept, has grown into a full curriculum, and has spread to nearly 40 schools nationwide.
Through SBSSS, each student becomes:
- aware of their blessings and gifts from God.
- aware of the needs in our community.
- engaged in serving and learning about those in need through hands-on
- aware of how we are called by our faith to serve God and others.
EACH GRADE HAS:
- A Stewardship Focus: a community need that the students learn about for the entire year.
- A Stewardship Virtue: a virtue pertaining to stewardship that is woven into the stewardship learning each year.
- Stewardship Projects: Opportunities for the students to serve face-to-face with those in need in the community.
- Stewardship Activities: Opportunities for the students to serve others in ways that do not involve face-to-face interaction.
- Stewardship Parents: Volunteers who implement the STEP-by-STEP Student
- Stewardship program, both in and out of the classroom.
- Stewardship Friday: One hour on a Friday each month in which the Stewardship Curriculum is implemented in each classroom.
- A Stewardship Curriculum: a curriculum that consists of age-appropriate literature, scripture, media, speakers, discussion, games, research, case studies, simulations, activities, and reflection.