Beacon of Hope Capital Campaign
In Order to Shine!
It is time to get our house in order...in order to shine. For two years, we prayed, planned, and prepared knowing Jesus admonished us, “…Your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father” (Matthew 5:16).
The response to our Beacon of Hope Feasibility Study was remarkable. Although there was generous support for all of our needs, a clear preference for getting our current facilities in order was expressed with great passion from a few to eliminate our debt. Hearing you and incorporating these preferences, our Beacon of Hope campaign is stronger because of you!
Our buildings facilitate our service and mission. They must function well for us to effectively fulfill God’s plan to deepen our encounter with Him and to be a Beacon of Hope for others.
- Heating, air conditioning, roof, walls, windows, parking lot, and playground are in need of repair or replacement.
- Meeting rooms, offices, and storage areas are maxed out. For groups and organizations, we need to improve the function of Schindler Hall.
- For those seeking God, we need an enhanced feeling of welcome in our worship space to aid us as we elevate our minds and hearts toward God.
- New preschool classrooms for our young families are needed, too.
Pledges to Date: $3,196,038
The generous response from 571 of our families will enable us to meet most of our needs (including HVAC, meeting space, offices, storage, worship, as well as four new preschool classrooms). So far, $2,046,808 has been collected toward the pledges. We are thankful, even in these uncertain times, for those who are fulfilling their gifts.
- Repaved, sealed, and striped parking lot.
- New Playground.
- Renovation to create new parish offices, student services offices, teacher work room, technology office, and a new meeting spaces.
- Addition of new carpet, storage, and a kitchen to Schindler Hall.
- Expanded altar platform, moving of tabernacle, wood paneling and screens in worship space.
- Paid down $200,000 and restructured existing loan.
Projects in Process:
- HVAC replacement in Schindler Hall Building and lower floors of Church building.
- St. John Paul II Youth Room renovations.
- Learning Commons renovation in Middle School space.
- Lower Lobby (Celtic Center) renovations and security enhancements.
- Mosaic for behind tabernacle.
- Final stained glass window.
- New four classroom preschool building.
Projects yet to begin:
- HVAC replacement in Miles Hall Building (Summer 2021).
- Renovation of storage for Maker Space.
- Comprehensive assessment and schedule for building weatherproofing (part of annual budgeting process).
It’s still not too late to pledge and be part of this important work:
- Offertory Envelopes (cash or check). Beacon of Hope envelopes will be included in your bi-monthly Offertory envelope packet to be mailed mid-October.
- Appreciated Property (stocks, bonds, real estate, etc) or charitable distributions from an IRA. Form Here.
- Online Giving via parish website with bank account or credit card. Instructions and link provided below.